25 September 2012

Roomboter Amandelstaaf


Being a Californian girl... and living in the Netherlands proves to be very difficult for me around the end of summer. The sun vanishes, the wind blows, and I'm freezing all the time. I  try to find things that keep my spirits up, and I try to embrace the beauty of what is to come. I have cozy sweaters to look forward to. Lots of warm beverages. Snuggling under the blanket and catching up on all the latest American Tv shows without guilt. I get to wear cute boots everyday, and cozy mittens. My cheeks get super flushed, and it's the holidays!  So great list right? yes! But the most exciting thing that happens when summer leaves.. is all the best tasting treats of the Dutch people come out. There are certain treats that you can only find here in Holland during the cold bitter months. I used to think that sucked. Now I think maybe they do it because they also need something to look forward to during fall and winter. So here is a photo of one of the many treats I will be introducing you over the next few months. This treat is called the Roomboter Amandelstaaf. 











Translating this into : butter almond rod (stick). It is a delicious, buttery, winter treat! Around the holidays it is very easy to gain some extra weight - so because of that I joined the gym! Think this looks amazing? It is. Don't worry family - I'll be bringing some home! 

X Lorraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment