20 September 2012

1,000 thank you's

I knew this day was coming. I just didn't really focus on it... because than I knew I would basically start holding my breath and begin to start pressing the refresh button over and over for the rest of my life until the moment happened. So what happened? Well in June of 2010 I opened my first online shop over on Etsy. --http://www.etsy.com/shop/MursBlanc- It started off as a way to earn some extra cash so that I would be able to fly home to the U.S.A for the holidays. It didn't quite work out that way. For the next three months I spent countless hours reading, researching, and learning. After that three months went by... I had still only sold a handful of items. It was very discouraging and I never made it home for the holidays. This only made my desire to succeed stronger. I had no reason to think that I would do well -or that I deserved this - but one thing kept me going. If other people can be successful on Etsy - than so can I. Why not me? I can proudly say that today that yes - me too. Today I hit my 1,000 sale mark in my shop. I worked really hard for that, but mostly I have thank the people that believed in me. Most of all my wonderful customers who have supported me and believed in me even when at times I struggled. Learning how to run a business is not an easy task, and I kind of just jumped in. I'm still learning, and still making mistakes. Today has given me huge confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction. So 1,000 thank you's from the bottom of my heart.

x Lorraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment