05 November 2012

Monday - and future plans.

oh hello Monday! I knew you were waiting for me but I just kinda forgot. The weekends always go by so fast don't they? There have been a lot of things on my mind lately and I thought I'd just share those things with you.

1. The Holidays and spending time with family. I'm planning a trip back to the states and I'm trying to get as many days into this trip as possible. My first plan was to spend two months in California - with a small trip to the east coast to visit Chicago and a really important person in my life. Things have changed - as life steps in - like it always does - and I'm not going to Chicago anymore. I'm pretty bummed about this but everything happens for a reason. Not going there anymore - has caused a sadness in me - and it almost feels like a break up... but Chicago was never mine so it's the most bizarre feeling. Instead I will spend this time back in the States with my family - my true loves. Being separated from them is really hard - and going home is always bittersweet. It's the knowing that I'll leave them again....

2. Texas. I won't say to much here - but I will hint that a possible move to Texas is in my future. (HINT)
I used to live in Texas - and I loved it there. Maybe it's because I had my high school years there - or maybe it's because Texas brought out the dreamer in me, and the people there were amazing. I can honestly say some of the most influential people in my life - reside there. I'm still working out if this is the next adventure in my life or not. I love Europe but I miss America! Stay tuned.

3. I'm going to be working on restyling all three of my shops. They seem a bit messy to me and I've really neglected my Mursblanc print shop. I got so busy with my greeting card shop and the iPhone cases - that the print shop has really suffered. I plan to change this pronto and I'm working on some new prints. I'm be sharing them soon maybe in the next three weeks. 

4. Loss. I've had some losses recently and the one I want to share with you is - I lost Lewis. He was my little green parrot. Don't worry he's very much alive and I think he's happy. I had to find him a new home because he turned aggressive and was fighting with my other parrot - Blu. This was no easy decision and it ripped me to pieces. Blu and I have been very depressed by this and we have spent most days refusing to leave our cage - and we've both cried dinosaur tears. The last couple weeks have been dark for me and I'll admit I've been depressed. It doesn't help that other things haven been going on - and the cold weather is here. It's gray and dark and rainy most days. Which pretty much covers my mood! 

5. On moving on. The bright side is that I've allowed myself to really be down. Really hurt. Really feel the pain of everything. Now today is Monday. I've decided that I'm going to jump into the things I really love to help save myself from unhealthy thoughts and habits. I'm going to work out - I'm going to eat better - I'm going to create new art - I'm going to build epic playlists - I'm going to bond with my bird and learn how to train her better - I'm going to read a lot - I'm going to catch up on all my favorite trashy shows - I'm going to organize my life - I'm going to rebuild friendships that I've neglected - I'm going to be happy - I'm going to work on this blog- and I'm going to live. I've already started and the last couple of days I've started taking photographs again and getting out of the house. 



Lewis on his last day with me

x Lorraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment