03 December 2012

Thank you for not believing in me

The other day someone said something really mean to me. I don't think they realized that it was a mean thing to say or maybe they did. Either way - I owe them a huge thank you. It reminded me that as a small business owner - work is never done. I can never really rest and enjoy a normal weekend like the average 9-5er's that work normal full time jobs. I hold the key to my success. I have the power to create, and bring in my own money. I do not depend on huge companies to support me. I have only myself, my supporting customers, and a few friends that are rooting for me as I push myself and become better every single day at what  I do.
For the people out there that think that what I do is still just a lowly hobby... or the ones that are angry at me for not conforming to a normal job like the ones they have... or the others that are just jealous of me for following my dreams instead of having a dead end job - thank you.
You are the ones that make me get up early every single day even though I don't have to. The ones that make me work from the moment I wake up to the time I sleep.The ones that remind me that every single day is to another chance to make something great and do exactly what I love.....without having to commute or get out of Pj's. The sky is the limit for me. There is no stop sign, and no telling how far I can go.
So go ahead. Call my business a hobby. I dare you. It's good for me. 

x Lorraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment