05 October 2012

Instagram and my not so beautiful life


For longest time I have wanted an Iphone. Not because it's a cool phone and not because everyone has one. I wanted one for only one reason - I wanted to be able to use Instagram. There is something so lovely and nostalgic about the photos that are created by others, and I wanted to be part of it. I was taking photo's with my Samsung Android phone and sharing them on Facebook. So Instagram was the next logical step. Besides all my friends were doing it (smile). 
Once I finally got the Iphone - which was only about 2 months ago - something happened that I wasn't expecting. I got extremely click shy - and couldn't think of anything to take to photo's of. I found myself taking the standard cliché  food, coffee, and feet shots. How boring, right? I also discovered that my life isn't as interesting as I thought! Big shocker. So I didn't really use Instagram much, and my new shiny white Iphone became just another fun gadget. 
Also - I wasn't really into using Instagram because my normal daily life isn't that beautiful! I don't have this gorgeous house filled with beautiful lovelies. I don't make arty meals and display them on delicate plates with silk napkins to wipe my polished hands on. I have houseplants that misbehave, I eat pretty normal food, and although I love beautiful things - I have never actually liked "stuff" - I've never been in any one place long enough to even start collecting beautiful things. 
To be honest I still even have most of my clothes in a suitcase and if I had to move tomorrow - Everything I wanted would be able to fit into a small weekend bag, and of course I'd grab my birds! 
Anyway. So I have been using Instagram. I decided to embrace that it might not be that impressive - but it's my life. My story. It's not that beautiful - but it's real and it's me. 
So I'll start sharing. If you look at the tab on the top of this blog for " Instagram" that is where I'll be posting my photos. I tried to catch up a little bit and put up some a few collages of whats when been going on!


and here I just posted the two latest Instagram photos. Lewis and I saying hello, and a pile of cards I printed two days ago.

X Lorraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment